Date: Saturday 15th September 2012
Time: 10:00 am – 4:30pm
Venue: 52-54 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8RT
“Women should be empowered to inspire and mobilize self and others towards a common purpose, in response to personal and/or social issues and challenges, to effect positive change”
This training is designed to empower women to become leader within their communities and gain confidence to advocate and represent others at different levels of decision making authorities within local, regional and International settings
The training will provide different methods and opportunities available to participate and to shape policies and services that affect them. The training will focus on:
- Understanding the concept of Leadership
- Understanding community participation and people led initiatives
- Concept of a community / society
- Approaches of community development and engagement
- Different approach of lobbying and influencing changes
- Community needs analysis approaches
- Various approach in developing innovative solution or projects to address identified needs
- Social or community solution / projects implementation planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation as well as learning dissemination
Participants who will be trained will be supported to set up their own community / area of interest based project on which their acquired leadership skills, awareness and knowledge will be practised.
They will also be guided on how to access community/ social oriented projects funding in order to implement their ideas/social solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
The course is aimed at those with no or limited experience in community leadership. Interest in changing, shaping community/society related issues as well as is required. Good knowledge of Word processing and internet skills is required.
How to get to Tindlemanor (Workshops venue)
Tube: Old Street
Exit 5 Steps (up to City Road)
Exit 6 Ramp (up to Old Street)
Bus: 205, 243, 55, 43, 76, 271, 214,141 all stop within 100 yards
Car: Please note that we are in the Congestion Charge zone. There is restricted parking at the rear of the office which can be used by prior arrangement with Bridget Stark.